Here is another item for my upcoming craft fair… Base and Bling inspirational key chains! If you are familiar with the Close To My Heart Base and Bling line, then you will probably know it best as DIY necklaces. Well, a few weeks ago, I saw that a consultant had turned a couple of her items into key chains (sorry, I forgot who I got this idea from!).
These are very easy to make, and I did them all assembly line style. Here are the quick and easy steps…
- Select your Pendant. I used the Faux Silver Rectangle Pendant and the Faux Silver Oval Pendant.
- Select your image. I used inspirational images from the Journey Style Sheet.
- Peel and stick your image onto the pendant. Since the images on the style sheet are rectangular, they fit perfectly into the rectangle pendants. To get the oval shape, simply center an oval glass cover over your image, trace around the oval, cut it out using the inside trace lines as a guide, then peel and stick to your pendant. Push it down around the edges if you find it overlapping just a bit.
- Apply a small drop of Liquid Glass glue to the center of your image.
- Place a glass cover (rectangle or oval, depending on your pendant) into your pendant and push down to spread the Liquid Glass glue around the image. If the glue seeps out from under the glass, wipe it off immediately. The pendant is now complete. Wait a good 12-24 hours before handling the pendant, so that the glue is completely dry.
- Add a key chain ring to your pendant and voila… a brand new key chain! Or if you prefer, add an actual chain and make it a necklace.
Here is a closer look at the rectangular key chains (excuse the glare, it was impossible to avoid this with the glass on top)…
And the oval key chains…
Here they are packaged up and ready to be transported…
I packaged them very simply so that the image really stood out. All of the patterned paper headers were from retired paper packets that I had in stock.
There are many more projects to come… stay tuned!
I’ll see you n the craft room,