Sometimes we need a little inspiration. New ideas. A fresh outlook. You’ve heard of writer’s block, right? Well, I’m here to say that there is also something called “scrapper’s block,” or “crafter’s block.” Sometimes I sit down to scrap an event or make a card and I’m completely stumped at where to start.
So, I just sit and stare at the papers, the pictures, the stamps, and hope that something will jump out at me. Often it does, but sometimes, I need a little help.
That’s when I turn to my completely awesome How-To books. I want to provide you with products and ideas to make your paper crafting fun, enjoyable, inspirational, and as stress-free as possible. And ironically, one of our biggest stressors is sometimes the creative process itself. Enter the How-To programs.
Have you ever tried to cook or bake something new without a recipe? Me, too. Sometimes it turns out great, and other times you wish you had the step-by-step process to guide you along. Well, that’s what I consider these books… the step-by-step recipe for creating great pages and cards. Here is an example from one of my books, Originals Card Confidence Program:
This is a partial page view. This book is copyrighted, so I cannot show the entire page with all of the instructions, paper dimensions, pictures, etc. What you can partially see in this picture is a full color picture of a finished card example, the picture in the bottom left showing the diagram of how to assemble the card, the paper dimensions to cut each piece, and the step-by-step instructions on how to put it all together.
See what I mean about recipes? It’s like looking at the ingredients list, instructions, and then the fully cooked dish. I really can’t say enough about the ease of use of these books and the ideas and inspiration they give. Check them out…
How-To Scrapbook Programs
1. Reflections – features 100 scrapbook layout patterns.
2. Magic – uses interactive techniques such as: pop-ups, pull-outs, slides, cascades, and more. Also includes 35 layout patterns.
3. Imagine – features 50 two-page layout patterns.
4. Cherish – features 50 two-page layout patterns.
How-To Card Making Programs
2. Wishes – features 100 card patterns.
Mixed Pattern How-To Programs
1. Make It From Your Heart: Volume 1 – features 16 two-page layout patterns, 2 single page patterns, and 12 different card patterns based upon the 2012-2013 Workshops On The Go patterns.2. Make It From Your Heart: Volume 2 – features 16 two-page layout patterns, 2 single page patterns, and 12 different card patterns based upon the 2013-2014 Workshops On The Go patterns.
These books are truly a scrapbooker’s and card maker’s best friend. I highly recommend them to anyone needing some new and exciting ideas and inspiration.
Do you own a copy of any of these books? If so, I would like to get your thoughts on what you think of them. Have they helped or inspired you? Please let us know by leaving a comment below.
I’ll see you in the craft room,